4th Street Lofts | 115m | 29s | Western Securities | Gibbs Gage

What is the ceiling heights? that could make them 'lofts'. Right now only see barn doors, I guess that makes em lofts!
Floor-to-floor is 3m, so about 9ft - assuming 250mm slab (generous), mech&elec in slab, and exposed concrete ceilings (soft loft).

I'm not a fan of the column layout, but there's probably a reason for the way it is. I despise barn doors on bedrooms.

Wallumns are pretty common for resi nowadays. What don't you like about the layout?
I'm fine with wallumns, there's just a bunch of small columns directly adjacent to each other. I'll give them credit that at least they're in the partitions, but I feel like a more optimal spacing could have saved some material/money/carbon.

There's probably a reason for the way it is (i.e. constructability, in-slab mechanical, etc.)

Just listening to the presentation at CPC this afternoon, and the architect confirmed that they will re-use as much of the existing brick from the demo'd buildings as they can in the build of this new project, hence why the careful deconstruction. The brick, and some glass blocks that they can salvage.

Developent Permit was approved.

Just listening to the presentation at CPC this afternoon, and the architect confirmed that they will re-use as much of the existing brick from the demo'd buildings as they can in the build of this new project, hence why the careful deconstruction. The brick, and some glass blocks that they can salvage.

Developent Permit was approved.
Awesome! Given that they're stripping the brick now I imagine that they're looking to go on this pretty soon

I'd love to see someone buy the Sunalta Block site and restore the small commercial building with a tower incorporated similar to this project.

something like this maybe

1655495799260.png
1655495819926.png

Back