Votes: 20 64.5%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Sunterra on 12 Ave is already within easy walking distance. There is a Safeway on 12 Ave & 8 St SW and the Midtown Co-op not that far away either. Also supposed to be a grocery store planned for the Anthem Erlton project. So I wonder whether 17 Select this will actually see a grocery store or something else in that space.

Grocers cluster. They feed off one another. People may pick up their essential from one and will travel to another for more specialty items. It makes more sense to look for these opportunities than to avoid them.

The Sunterra on 12 Ave is already within easy walking distance. There is a Safeway on 12 Ave & 8 St SW and the Midtown Co-op not that far away either. Also supposed to be a grocery store planned for the Anthem Erlton project. So I wonder whether 17 Select this will actually see a grocery store or something else in that space.

All of those grocery stores are at least 10 minute walks away. The only grocery store in Victoria Park currently is Sunterra, which is a high-end specialty shop that is out of reach of most of the renters in the area. The population of the Beltline is now over 20,000, with a density of almost 10,000/km2, plus all of the people who work there during the day. On top of that, you have Mission with +8000/km2, just to the south which only has one grocery store. I think this area can easily support a grocery store.

Group, site office and port potty onsite today.

IMG_4100.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4100.JPG
    IMG_4100.JPG
    1,016 KB · Views: 612
Interesting, I wonder what could be going on there? Like MichaelS mentioned, it hasn't been approved yet, but who knows. It would be nice to see this one go ahead.

Hey guys, move equipment and work onsite. Looks like they are stripping/prepping the site. Bit strange, as other posters have pointed out they don't even have a development permit yet.

IMG_8474.JPG
IMG_8475.JPG
IMG_8477.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8474.JPG
    IMG_8474.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_8475.JPG
    IMG_8475.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_8477.JPG
    IMG_8477.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 623
Maybe they are just doing a bit of site prep? This one hasn't even gone to CPC yet, as the city is still waiting on response from the developer on some things. Depending on the developer response it could be slated for one of the CPC meetings as early as June, and if given approval could be applying for a building permit right after that. I guess it's possible that this one isn't far off.

I really hope they make improvements with the design before proceeding. This is a precedence setting development in a part of the city that deserves better than a long, bland podium with big box quality signage and a blue and white clad tower.

I'm okay if it goes ahead with this design. I like The podium design.
I really hope they make improvements with the design before proceeding. This is a precedence setting development in a part of the city that deserves better than a long, bland podium with big box quality signage and a blue and white clad tower.

So it looks like Marmot are installing underground utilities on this site. They have precast catch basins, manholes and piping. Either getting the site ready or this is associated with the 17th Ave revamp work.
IMG_8478.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8478.jpg
    IMG_8478.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 590
Is it a staging area for the 17th Ave work? That would make the most sense in my mind.

Reactions: AJX
Hi Group,
In Looking over the Picture of the Project, I see a Ground Flr for a possible store, 3 Flrs for what, Drs, Dentists, Misc, etc. Question? How High Up will the Condos/Apts B? Wonder who gets to
Manage the Bldg. Boardwalk is in the Bldg Beside - Unless they should decide to take up that space for bigger Operating Space That would B Interesting to see.

Tnx,
Operater.

So it looks like Marmot are installing underground utilities on this site. They have precast catch basins, manholes and piping. Either getting the site ready or this is associated with the 17th Ave revamp work.
I would guess it's work for 17th. The city is still waiting for the developer responses on the DP, so this one will be a while yet. although I am told the developer is still actively working on this and are hoping to get the DP approved this summer.

Back