Aspen and Bow | ?m | 5s | Anthem | Rositch Hemphill

Forming and canning for the main for slab is almost complete. Weather playing a bit of a factor lately, construction in Calgary!

IMG_0578_JPG.jpg
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0586_JPG.jpg
IMG_0593_JPG.jpg

IMG_0602_JPG.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0578_JPG.jpg
    IMG_0578_JPG.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_0586_JPG.jpg
    IMG_0586_JPG.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0593_JPG.jpg
    IMG_0593_JPG.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_0602_JPG.jpg
    IMG_0602_JPG.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 679
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I'm Not Sure witch Design got Chosen but I have to Say i do like them Both. This Company has a Very Good Reputation

Tnx,
Opoerater.

Looks much better than those sketchups. I don’t mind that at all but that’s just the east half of it. It’s going to be a pretty long building.

Makes me hate it a fair bit less. Still not great.

Just IMO, i feel like along the bow river on memorial drive, mid sized high-rise condos (15-22 storeys) should have been stuck up. Sort of what edmonton has going alongside their river like on Saskatchewan drive. High-rises on both ends of the river (other being downtown) would have really gave Calgary a urban feel along memorial, sort of how London and many cities have high rises popping along each side of their rivers or bays. I really hope developers consider this down the line. It would be its own skyline strip along the river. For me this project is just a lazy approach to a prominent street. Also. Its also not very appealing.

Just IMO, i feel like along the bow river on memorial drive, mid sized high-rise condos (15-22 storeys) should have been stuck up. Sort of what edmonton has going alongside their river like on Saskatchewan drive. High-rises on both ends of the river (other being downtown) would have really gave Calgary a urban feel along memorial, sort of how London and many cities have high rises popping along each side of their rivers or bays. I really hope developers consider this down the line. It would be its own skyline strip along the river. For me this project is just a lazy approach to a prominent street. Also. Its also not very appealing.

I would have loved to have seen the river banks more built up, but it's one of those things where the city missed the opportunity a long time ago. It would have been easier if they had started off with different zoning 70 years ago. Same for Crescent Road....would be awesome if it was lined with say....4 - 8 storey buildings and retail/restos/patios, etc.. overlooking Sunnyside's mid rise buildings 8-15 storeys, etc..

The design of this project to be a pretty big missed opportunity in my opinion. If it was buried more inward on some random block, that's fine, but this is a fairly high profile location and deserves better.

Also I find that whole brick + dark stucco look pretty dreary.

That's just it. Anywhere off on a side street is fine. Same for something like Block on 4th....if it's on some side street that's fine, but high profile streets need to have designs that are turned up a notch.
The design of this project to be a pretty big missed opportunity in my opinion. If it was buried more inward on some random block, that's fine, but this is a fairly high profile location and deserves better.

Also I find that whole brick + dark stucco look pretty dreary.

I don't mind the using brick and stucco, it's just too much of it. For a location like this, they should be more upscale, which could be achieved even by having more glass.

Would it have killed them to run brick up to the top of the fourth floor, and get rid of the brown stucco? Would look a lot less cheap. This looks the same as so many buildings going up on the Cambie Corridor.

Back