News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Alberta Provincial Politics

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NDP

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Petulant, narcissistic and off-topic - I'd expect nothing less of Nenshi. He needs to find a new career as he isn't going to win a federal Calgary seat for the Liberals or get a Senate appointment
If Nenshi wanted to be in a Trudeau cabinet he could have run in Calgary-Skyview in 2021 (George Chahal’s seat) and won walking away.

I could see him taking the Senate gig or maybe being a university president or ambassador or something. You can play the “above politics” role in all those jobs while occasionally slamming yourself into politics.

If Notley wins next month, and then steps down in 2026 to hand off the reins, I could definitely imagine Nenshi running for NDP leader, especially if there’s another Wild Rose type opposition leader.

Petulant, narcissistic and off-topic - I'd expect nothing less of Nenshi. He needs to find a new career as he isn't going to win a federal Calgary seat for the Liberals or get a Senate appointment
Off topic? Right before an election all of her flip flopping and populism are 100% on topic.

I went back and forth about responding but maybe its not a culture war, maybe some people give equal (or even more) weight to social considerations as they do to economic ones.

Your decision is between dollars and dollars not mine, but the UCP seems to be on a spending spree of late so your options seem limited.

If social policy is a fallacy then perhaps DS (and the UCP) could stop bringing their own beliefs into government. The recent disastrous failed roll out of the new elementary school curriculum is a great example of how government has the power to influence social values. Good thing our "overpaid" teachers mass rejected it and drove the government to significantly alter it. Our neighbors directly to the south are trying to pass this:

If you don't think portions of non-urban Alberta that wouldn't love this I don't know what to tell you. DS and the UCP pander to these people and would love to implement garbage like this. Our teachers shouldn't be the ones in the line of fire on these issues. I have a moral obligation to vote against the UCP regardless of if I believed the UCP was actually the better steward of tax payer dollars but they haven't proven particularly good at that outside of being during a recovery in oil price.

Just going to leave this here:

"WHO WE ARE
Founded by David Parker in 2022, Take Back Alberta (TBA) is a grassroots movement built to advance freedom and transfer power from the ruling elite to the people of our province.

TBA is supported by a vast, grassroots volunteer network of freedom-loving Albertans from all walks of life."

Suspiciously absent any comment on fiscal conservatism, and whether you'd like to believe it or not these are the people backstopping a healthy number of UCP candidates but continue believing this is a dollars to dollars decision.

Off topic? Right before an election all of her flip flopping and populism are 100% on topic.
Talking about residential schools, apartheid, hate crimes, islamophobia, Smith being older than him and University of Calgary grads of the early 1990s are all off topic. This is more autofellatio from Nenshi.

Last edited:
None of that is off topic as they are all things Smith supports. Except the U of C grad part.

All of those things will be enflamed if this wannabe neofascist guttersnipe gets back in.

None of that is off topic as they are all things Smith supports. Except the U of C grad part.

All of those things will be enflamed if this wannabe neofascist guttersnipe gets back in.
Smith supports apartheid and residential schools? Someone spends too much time on social media

Talking about residential schools, apartheid, hate crimes, islamophobia, Smith being older than him and University of Calgary grads of the early 1990s are all off topic. This is more autofellatio from Nenshi.
As an example of how her "most discriminated people in my lifetime" was complete nonsense. Context is useful when pointing these things out.

Certainly doesn't seem to think they were as big of a deal as stopping unvaccinated people from going to restaurants for a few months.
Yeah that is correct. Support for all of them was incorrect of me, but being essentially an apologist for major atrocities, or in this case, likening them to the choice they made to not get a vaccine, are essentially one in the same. They are not comparable in even a remote sense.

Back