Park Central | 134m | 39s | Hines | S.C.B.

General rating of the project

• Great

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Very Good

Votes: 51 54.8%
  • Good

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I'm really liking how this is coming together so far. The matte grey looks pretty sharp in its simplicity -- maybe this will mark a shift in Calgary's obsession with colour spandrel as the baseline design approach!

I really like the scale of the mid-rise section. Also, the vertical white parts on the balconies on the render, are they still going to be incorporated? I assume it will be part of the railing for the balcony then.

Yup! First one installed yesterday.

View attachment 200343
Nice, thanks for the pic! Looks good that is my favourite aspect of the design on this building. Only wish is that the grey band or gap between the concrete and the white part was closed up and it sort of looked like one continuous L-Shaped piece. But that is nitpicky.

Nice, thanks for the pic! Looks good that is my favourite aspect of the design on this building. Only wish is that the grey band or gap between the concrete and the white part was closed up and it sort of looked like one continuous L-Shaped piece. But that is nitpicky.
It's open of the things I like about it too. I think the white balconies will pop, regardless of the type of day, gray, sunny, etc..

Looks great. Now hoping that the parking lot next to Sheldon Chumir may one day get developed too.
I believe the province still owns it, with the intent being when SC gets over burdened, they can build up on the west side, then allowing them in the more distant future to rebuild the east side, until a point where it doesn't make sense to expand anymore.

I think - especially with the ongoing explosion of the inner city population - that it already would make sense for the province to develop the west side of Chumir into a new building for them and turn the entire block into a full service inpatient hospital.

When SC has in the planning stages, a document showed two condo tower sites to the west where the current parking lot stands. Maybe the plan has changed.

I still appreciate how the condo tower immediately to the north, references the former Colonel Blecher hospital in its brown brick and tyndall stone accents.

Maybe a second phase of the Chumir with affordable housing on top might work. A small separated section of the development could be used as space to hold patients of safe injection site.

Amazing update set. Thanks for that.

Back