News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Office Space Conversion

300 units is a good sized building, I wonder which building it is? The only office buildings near stampede Park that I can think of is stampede station and keynote

300 units is a good sized building, I wonder which building it is? The only office buildings near stampede Park that I can think of is stampede station and keynote
Changing a land use, not a use. No building on site currently.

Strategic has (3) buildings they are looking to convert to residential over the next 3 years. One is the Barron building on 8th Ave.

Strategic has (3) buildings they are looking to convert to residential over the next 3 years. One is the Barron building on 8th Ave.

Whaaaat?! The Barron Building could be going residential? I literally couldn't imagine a better candidate for a residential conversion in the entire city, except for maybe the top 6 floors of the Lancaster Building. Either way.... f*ck yeah! :D

I wonder if, as part of the residential conversion, Strategic will go forward with the formerly proposed expansion of the building, just in a residential context now, rather than office.

The Barron building was the building I had heard about. I had heard it was going to be renovated as loft style office space, but maybe beard has been changed to residential since then. Either way I would love to see that building getting renovated and reused.
Sorry can't say right now, but it is looking feasible,so you'll probably hear something soon.

It would be a dang shame if they went with office for the Barron. It's such an interesting and beautiful building. The closest thing we have to a large Art Deco structure we have in this city, and even then, it's only part Art Deco and part Internationalist.

Would probably be able to fit a good hundred lofts into a space that size. Blow out and revitalize the ground floor with some great retail and a nice new overhang. *drool*

It would be a dang shame if they went with office for the Barron. It's such an interesting and beautiful building. The closest thing we have to a large Art Deco structure we have in this city, and even then, it's only part Art Deco and part Internationalist.

Would probably be able to fit a good hundred lofts into a space that size. Blow out and revitalize the ground floor with some great retail and a nice new overhang. *drool*
Or a contemporary art museum?? Two 17,000 square foot floors (miunus building services and circulation of course), plus a new build 6500 square feet per floor annex. Engineering for large column free space due to the theatres. For residential, likely don't need to put in a full height annex to accommodate additional elevators, could use it mostly for gallery space.

Or a contemporary art museum?? Two 17,000 square foot floors (miunus building services and circulation of course), plus a new build 6500 square feet per floor annex. Engineering for large column free space due to the theatres. For residential, likely don't need to put in a full height annex to accommodate additional elevators, could use it mostly for gallery space.

:eek: *drools even more*

Back