News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

It's nice to see higher density in the burbs, but too bad these weren't being proposed closer in, and around an LRT station or something.
Density near LRT is obviously preferable, but I think these condos are also great for serving those empty nesters. Older parents may be able to sell their SFH and move to a condo with no stairs, smaller space, less maintenance while staying near their family and community.

I don't know where Nolan Hill is but nice to know they're not being cidexnorred.

sajibj.png

Lots of love for the Stampede Station name in that area. If I had to guess, my bet is that it's actually at 15th Ave and Macleod Tr where the Stampede Station Indigo Parking lot is given the size of the proposal and they've just fudged the 17th Ave thing to make it more appealing to investors. Still very exciting to see more developments there.
With the actual location directly across from Alpha house I'm guessing it was one of the those convenient typos 🤫

Logel Homes/NORR "Waterside" multi-residential development in Mahogany, 639 units a 10 minute walk/5 minute cycle to Auburn Bay/Mahogany on the Green Line
DMAP
Edit: there's a sales centre on site https://www.logelhomes.com/mahogany/

1702713639297.png
1702720277055.png
1702713830573.png
1702713879130.png

Attachments

• 1702714056699.png
    1702714056699.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Logel Homes/NORR "Waterside" multi-residential development in Mahogany, 639 units a 10 minute walk/5 minute cycle to Auburn Bay/Mahogany on the Green Line
DMAP
Edit: there's a sales centre on site https://www.logelhomes.com/mahogany/

View attachment 527718View attachment 527722View attachment 527719View attachment 527720
This is fine. The surface parking is 100% necessary and expected but still a bummer. Many of these units will look over a parking lot.

Pretty par for the course, lived in a condo like this a decade ago; people would sit in their cars in the parking lot late at night talking on their Bluetooth/ speakerphone and you could hear it reverberating through every unit. A panopticon for cars..

Looks good for the most part, and this kind of density is still much better than what we're used to in new subdivisions from past decades. A short walk to the Green Line station is great.

Still the most exciting aspect of the rendering is that part of the city getting some trees, so let's hope they actually plant them and maintain them.

During the Dec. 14 Regular Meeting of Calgary City Council, councillors approved April 22, 2024, as the date when the public will have their say on Calgary’s introduction of a base R-CG residential district city-wide.

During the Dec. 14 Regular Meeting of Calgary City Council, councillors approved April 22, 2024, as the date when the public will have their say on Calgary’s introduction of a base R-CG residential district city-wide.
Get your popcorn ready.

Back