News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

General Construction Updates

There are two building permits posted at the site, but I think those are just for the demolition.

IMG_6316.jpeg

IMG_6317.jpeg

A quick update on the Victoria Park CTrain station. Roofing material has been delivered and it looks like it could be copper? Will look sharp for the first few months but the electrical sub station next to it has already started to rust and fade. I think I would have preferred them to use a different finish that would have kept its shine.

20231002_170550.jpg

20231002_170645.jpg

so badly wish they’d decommission a lane or two on macleod trail. on street parking or maybe a taxi stand. something to make it feel like less of a freeway. the two sides of the street may as well be on different planets as it stands mow.

Eliminating the right lane for parking and/or lay lay-by would be a good start. I feel like people already get out of cars in the right lane, because getting dropped off via car on the grounds (at least currently) while there are big events adds 10-15 minutes for the driver.

so badly wish they’d decommission a lane or two on macleod trail. on street parking or maybe a taxi stand. something to make it feel like less of a freeway. the two sides of the street may as well be on different planets as it stands mow.
I work by here and frequently walk around at lunch. Macleod north and southbound are very over built and should just use one direction and use lane reversals.

Now that one lane is closed for construction of the Stampede C-Train Station, I think there is an even stronger argument for the construction of a bike lane on Macleod Trail. They literally made it sound like a carmageddon when it was first proposed.

Macleod could easily be narrowed to 4 lanes with contraflow north of the Elbow if the CTrian corridor were located underneath Stephen to remove that bottleneck. 1st St SE could then be repurposed for local traffic and pedestrian and bike lanes.

Back