News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Municipal Politics

Which mayoral candidate do you intend to vote for in 2021?

• Jeremy Farkas

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Jyoti Gondek

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Brad Field

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Damery

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Jeff Davison

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We should see one or two more. Will see about Davison. The field might be too crowded for another ‘organized and funded’ candidate besides Davison.

and yeah, Jan is who I’ve been hearing about - should have some interesting ideas!

I still think it's a two person race, but we'll see. As has been mentioned sometimes candidates come out of nowhere. Klein and Nenshi are a couple of examples.

Two candidates have wide name recognition for sure. The cemented in support is very low for Jyoti, and I'd say medium for Farkas. With 5 months to go still time for lots to change.

I chose Gondek for now, but this new candidate Damery may have some promise.

From the article:

She's pledging to oversee a revitalization of downtown and turn it into a thriving neighbourhood where people live, play and work.
Damery also said the Green Line is a priority that requires new leadership.
"I've watched this project flounder for the last decade," said Damery. "We need executive oversight to drive that project.

While this guy seems like a real POS, and will garner maybe 200 votes max, is this really as big of a concern as being made out by the media? I get that what he has said in the past is frightening, but is this list really any different than the White Pages* that used to be delivered to everyone?

*For those of you reading this too young to know, the White Pages was a telephone book published by the phone companies, delivered to your door, containing the names, phone numbers and even addresses if I remember correctly (at least in the small town/county I grew up in) of everyone within that jurisdiction. Even made it alphabetical for ease of searching.

Back