News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

East/NE: 17th Ave SE and Marlborough area have lots of the right bones - good job access, established rapid transit but the area is affordable and demand pressure isn't high. Someone might know better, but the recent changes to the AVPA might have triggered some owners along 36 Ave NE to be able to do a bunch more with their land next time they redevelop. I see lots of potential structurally in the area, but economics won't let it happen yet. This could change quite quickly one day but who knows?
The AVPA changes have very little impact on the 36th St corridor -- it's in the same noise contour before and after. I believe the height restrictions due to flight path are more important; if my understanding is correct (2% slope), then buildings would be limited to roughly 35m at McKnight, 60m at 32nd Ave, 95m at 16th Ave and 130m at Memorial.

A Land Use Redesignation from 2019 finally has a CPC meeting scheduled for April 22. It's near the corner of 14th ST & 17th Ave SW. Right now it's a McDonald's parking lot and drive thru.

This is a project submitted by IBI Group and is not The Sentinel project by Arlington Group.
It is the McDonalds land use redesignation that is trying to enshrine a drive through access onto 17th Avenue. It already went to CPC back in February I think, where CPC sent it back to work with administration (who recommended refusal) to try and see if a better solution could be found. We will see what they came up with when the agenda is published. Below is the post from the first time it went to CPC.
Another one going to CPC next week is the land use redesignation for the McDonalds on 17th Ave SW. They want a direct control bylaw, that enshrines the drivethrough access to 17th Avenue. Administration is recommending refusal:

While this is just land use, the applicant submission has some renderings of what the redeveloped McDonalds would look like:
View attachment 297010
View attachment 297011
View attachment 297012

Some low res University District:
1616620451581.png

Back