Stephen Avenue Place Revitalization | 155m | 40s | Slate

It's not that bad, and it contrasts nicely with the heritage buildings on Stephen Ave.

welcome_sign7.jpg

Silver fascia and the wood soffit should help brighten it up methinks. I agree; it is a departure from the rendering. The spandrel above the glass shown here is silver/white and they installed something very dark (and much taller). I'll hold judgement until it's finished though.

34147-101559.jpg

Not very apparent on my poor cellphone pictures but the 'accordion style' glass along the ground floor where the restaurant space is pretty transparent. It's that style of glass which can be opened up to create a large window/door space. For me this is the best feature of the redevelopment as it will allow whatever restaurant goes in that space to give a sense of spilling out onto the street.

Compared to the bank and the fencing that was on that corner before it's really going to change the vibe of Stephen Ave for the better. Also like that the elevator is glassed in as during the evening I can picture people dressed up going up and down to the National rooftop essentially being on display because the lights will counteract the dark glazing which will also create a 'big city' buzz to the redevelopment that was never there before.

It's really turning out not bad. The activation of the corner is going to make a huge difference, with the entire first level window frontage able to slide open.

FC0BADC7-FD68-4225-943C-885355B0C6D8_1_201_a.jpeg
DA079F87-4D5A-40BA-93E0-14AA2A306761_1_201_a.jpeg

Back