M2 Block | ?m | 4s | XYC | Riddell Kurczaba

15945887596667737020134136729581.jpg
15945888268136709273155539098084.jpg

It would be nice to get some signage up on the riverwalk side, would break up the facade in a good way I think. While not a huge building it is kind of monolithic.
Totally agree. The riverwalk side of this building needs some awnings, blade signage--anything to break up the austere facade. I really hope they can get a tenant to activate the laneway passage between the Simmons building as well.

Totally agree. The riverwalk side of this building needs some awnings, blade signage--anything to break up the austere facade. I really hope they can get a tenant to activate the laneway passage between the Simmons building as well.

The tenant is to be a Concorde Group restaurant - but have to imagine that's likely being delayed by the pandemic

That still looks pretty sterile to me. As much as they tinker around with the plaza itself, it'll be hard not to look at that building as a missed opportunity. I just don't get it....was there some code/bylaw issue to work around? How you not take advantage of such a great riverfront location?

Back