Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

Tied arch could be nice, except for whatever the hell that is :oops:

I'm not honestly a fan of any of them either though.

Edit to reply to above^ The trestle is the nicest looking imo.

Image69.jpg
Image70.jpg
Image71.jpg
Image73.jpg
Image74.jpg
Image75.jpg
tied-arch-bridge-green-line.jpg

Few questions,

Can someone tell me why the hell the middle of the tied arch is orange?

Is the Centre street north stretch at-grade or below grade?

and finally, is there renders of how the bridge will be built through the area of the river walk? That is the part of the bridge I'm mainly concerned with.

Few questions,

and finally, is there renders of how the bridge will be built through the area of the river walk? That is the part of the bridge I'm mainly concerned with.

We get one look at the bridge over the pathway in Eau Claire from this tweet yesterday:

I'd like them to take a good look at examples around the world on how to activate the space under the bridge. Even something as simple as some swings that are mounted to the bottom of the bridge can make a huge difference in the feel of the space.

I really wish that the council would pull the stick out of their ass and just terminate at Eau Claire until the funding in there for the north segment. I cannot put into words how much I hate the bridge over the river.

So they are planning a 9 Ave Station now according to those pics? That's a station right in front of the Tigerstadt Block

Looking at the overview schematics I like the center street surface alignment - until it gets to 16th ave where it needs to be grade separated. The bridges and interaction with the island and pathway are just ok (really what other option is there at this point). However looking at the schematic of the 2nd st station & alignment over princess island it looks like those condos with green roofs will need to go and a big chunk of eau claire (so long garage). They are planning on cutting off 3rd ave from 2nd st and creating a one way north on 2nd too, I used to work with a view of that intersection and everyday during rush hour it is very busy with commuters using that connection to get the lower level bridge. I think you'd have some serious gridlock there.

Back