The Forge | 16.5m | 6s | Kanas | Gibbs Gage

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Latest addition to University District. 83 units, concrete construction.

UD-Gramercy-Blog-2.jpg
UD-Gramercy-Blog-3.jpg

00-Lot 1-SE_Daytime.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, University Avenue is filling out quiiiiick! I am very impressed. Rhapsody, Alt Hotel, August, Central Park, and now this one will make a nice tiny canyon :)

I like that a lot, the brick looks great. Should add some nice diversity to the buildings along University Ave.

Any word on when this will break ground? And are the other phases on the same block?
Yep, two other phases. One of them is the taller building in behind :)

Love it. The U/D is showing what you can do with a good location, lot assembly complete, no local opposition and little existing barriers to redevelopment as it's essentially greenfield. My only concern is connectivity in and out of the area - another one of these pesky issues not directly related to the development itself. Calgary has to figure out how to transition 1970s arterial designs like 24 Ave NW and 32 Ave NW to something more urban or we will only get these pockets of well designed urban communities tucked into a frustratingly car-oriented skeleton that continues to resists change. Not the worst outcome of course, but still leaves substantial benefits on the table.

That's exactly it. I would to transport that section of University Avenue over to 24th ave, or Edmonton Trail, Centre Street, 17th ave in Killarney, etc.. The avenue is turning out much better than I expected.
Love it. The U/D is showing what you can do with a good location, lot assembly complete, no local opposition and little existing barriers to redevelopment as it's essentially greenfield. My only concern is connectivity in and out of the area - another one of these pesky issues not directly related to the development itself. Calgary has to figure out how to transition 1970s arterial designs like 24 Ave NW and 32 Ave NW to something more urban or we will only get these pockets of well designed urban communities tucked into a frustratingly car-oriented skeleton that continues to resists change. Not the worst outcome of course, but still leaves substantial benefits on the table.

Back