Palliser One | 122m | 27s

A nice plain, bright white would actually look quite sharp. Here’s hoping that we will be surprised and when they peel off the wrapper it’s white!

Does anyone know if they are doing anything with the podium and the private walled-off park space? The reclad looks like shit, so i am hoping that they at least do something of interest with the podium (adding some publicly accessible amenities and retail). It would also be nice to see stairs added and the fence taken down so they could do a refurb of the parkspace and treat the eastern at-grade interface as an active edge with the parkspace (cafe patios, etc.). Haven't seen anything about the lobby/park plans, and hoping this isn't just a reclad of the upper floors and a boring lobby reno. This building at least has the ability to have an interesting pocket park, which is unusual and could have some retail and activate the space in a meaningful way, whereas it is a wasted private 'amenity space' that is basically not used. Hoping this was a thought they had as this is about the only real opportunity of this reno/reclad.
1580486960014.png

1580487050623.png

I‘m betting the ones with the red tape are the deficient ones, needing to be adjusted, repaired and or replaced.

It’s really a bit of an optical illusion building right now.

From a distance the panels above and below windows look like a different shade than the verticals yet up close it changes and they equalize.

From a distance in that grey sky it’s the panels that look like the windows.

The fenced off area is a tenant amenity space, not a public park so they probably will keep it walled off, especially with the vagrancy that is constantly in the area due to proximity to shelters. I heard once that they found an intruder hiding in a ceiling crawl space.

The park has been gone for some time as it was replaced by a tenant hockey rink prior to the construction.

Does anyone know if they are doing anything with the podium and the private walled-off park space? The reclad looks like shit, so i am hoping that they at least do something of interest with the podium (adding some publicly accessible amenities and retail). It would also be nice to see stairs added and the fence taken down so they could do a refurb of the parkspace and treat the eastern at-grade interface as an active edge with the parkspace (cafe patios, etc.). Haven't seen anything about the lobby/park plans, and hoping this isn't just a reclad of the upper floors and a boring lobby reno. This building at least has the ability to have an interesting pocket park, which is unusual and could have some retail and activate the space in a meaningful way, whereas it is a wasted private 'amenity space' that is basically not used. Hoping this was a thought they had as this is about the only real opportunity of this reno/reclad.
View attachment 228350
View attachment 228351

The fenced off area is a tenant amenity space, not a public park so they probably will keep it walled off, especially with the vagrancy that is constantly in the area due to proximity to shelters. I heard once that they found an intruder hiding in a ceiling crawl space.

The park has been gone for some time as it was replaced by a tenant hockey rink prior to the construction.

I'm a tenant in the building, yep the Park Area is supposed to be reverted back to the year round hockey/sports area is was before the crane went in. Right now the 25th floor is being converted to a open campus office space for any Aspen properties tenant to use. End of March there will be a lounge/golf simulator/pool table and ping ping area open to tenants on the third floor in the first office space inside tower center.

Those are great and all but currently 2 of the 4 elevators have been down since December and the fifth and forth floors are torn apart (which we still occupy) due to a pipe that burst. I'm not sure about redoing the lobby area as it is already fairly recently renovated, maybe just replace the god awful revolving doors and open it up by removing the terribly claustrophobic planters at the entrance.

Back