Stephen Avenue Place Revitalization | 155m | 40s | Slate

at least its an improvement, restaurant Q is jammin and the National looks to be sticking around

This will be a first phase of a long range plan to revitalize that entire stretch of Stephen Ave. City council is reviewing a number of design renderings and then will pick one.
A revitalization is badly needed. Stephen Avenue and Eau Claire are about the only real draws to downtown, if you don't work down there. This together with a revamped Olympic Plaza/performing arts district should make Stephen Ave a must-see destination for both Calgarians and tourists. Not sure where the money to pay for all this is going to come from given our tax revenue shortfall. Work will probably be spaced out over years.

I always thought the building was brut concrete, but it's more like EIFS panels. Anyhow, nice to see this project underway.

I always thought the building was brut concrete, but it's more like EIFS panels. Anyhow, nice to see this project underway.
Yeah it appears to be a concrete faced insulation panel (EIFS Specifically is stucco), I figured there was more mass to the concrete here as well. Either way, good riddance!

Oh wow. I didn't realize the north side of the podium was included in this redesign project. Are there any renders showing that side?

Back