Votes: 20 64.5%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its been about a year since the last post on this thread, has there been any news or updates regarding this project?

A few months ago they had a land use amendment as a portion of the site adjacent to the existing buidling on the NE corner had a different designation. I haven't seen anything other than that.

I used to hang out in Rouleauville Square across the street when I attended St. Mary's high. This section could be the cherry of 1st Street's transformation and connect west 17th to the east.
IMG_3327.jpeg
IMG_3332.jpeg

Agreed. It would make a huge difference in getting the east side of 17th ave going.
I used to hang out in Rouleauville Square across the street when I attended St. Mary's high. This section could be the cherry of 1st Street's transformation and connect west 17th to the east.

I think this and the Avi Urban project across the street are on hold for awhile. Unless they are rental buildings (not planned as such), large scale condo construction is not moving forward it seems.

I wonder what the appetite for a grocery store will be now that the new Urban Fare has opened and the new food market in the Underwood opens this year. Has anyone heard news of this project?

I wonder what the appetite for a grocery store will be now that the new Urban Fare has opened and the new food market in the Underwood opens this year. Has anyone heard news of this project?
I think it's pretty much on the backburner.

The Beltline has almost everything these days. Multiple grocery stores and pharmacies, and a Canadian Tire and Best Buy. Lots of shopping and restos/pubs. The one thing missing is a theatre.

Absolutely. I would like to see an urban format theatre. Visiting in Santa Monica there are tons of great examples of sub-grade theatres

Were there ever theatres at Mount Royal Village, where the London Drugs is at? or am I dreaming?

Back