Votes: 11 26.2%
  • So So

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh whoops I'm sorry. On the hotel part, I was referencing the Moda change of use proposal. Apparently the current proposal is just a reclad of the office. However, obviously a hotel would be a much better use in this location. Hopefully with the ongoing office glut, CPC will recommend a change of use.

That would be one of the 3 top locations in the city for a new hotel. Shame they’re not going that route. You’d think there’d be an operator itching to open one around there.

That would be one of the 3 top locations in the city for a new hotel. Shame they’re not going that route. You’d think there’d be an operator itching to open one around there.

Agreed, but part of me hopes a rejuvenated office lease will bring more daytime use to help support the lunch businesses, etc. That with an improved podium should be a welcome upgrade.

Hate to bring up a dead forum but does anyone know whats going on with this one? The timeline for the review and permits was suppose to be met back in 2018. Was kind of looking forward to this, I don't see why the office tower redevelopment can't happen now, the 2 residential towers being postponed is understandable.

Well, funny you should bring it up (I hate that they changed developmentmap, as I can't spot these new applications easily now, it takes targeted looking):
A land use application was recently submitted, LOC2019-0045:

As you can see in the description, there is an accompanying DP for the office building. The link on the development map doesn't shed more details, so I won't insert that screen grab.

Ugh, why couldn't it be a hotel? :/

Yea i think when they mean deconstruct, they probably mean taking the exterior apart like the Mackimmie library and re-cladding it with something more appealing. Heres hoping that we have some action soon. Id really like to see 17th ave become more upscaled, right now its all over the place.

That’s how interpreted it too.
Yea i think when they mean deconstruct, they probably mean taking the exterior apart like the Mackimmie library and re-cladding it with something more appealing. Heres hoping that we have some action soon. Id really like to see 17th ave become more upscaled, right now its all over the place.

That was the original plan. They are now going to completely demolish the current building and start over.

That was the original plan. They are now going to completely demolish the current building and start over.
That makes no sense to demolish a not very old office building, to put up another office building. Could be that one of the residential buildings will be going there instead.

Haha no faith eh Johnny. There are structural issues with the current office building, therefore it is not feasible to reposition it.
Ah, that makes more sense. I was wondering the same thing, it didn't make sense to tear down a perfectly good office building only to replace it. I'm still surprised that they are doing it given the office space situation.

Back