Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

I wonder if cheaper, better elevators? Iirc the old old code required a different class of elevator over a certain height. So I guess code changes too?
Some things must be cheaper, height seems to be king these days. Not just in Calgary, but in other Canadian cities also.

285 units if you use the as built parking with a 0.8 ratio. Of course, could up that with parking above grade with some redesign.
With this perhaps going forward as residential as conceptualized, I bet the taller tower would go ahead first, as the parking in the first phase can't support either tower. It would also hedge bets, as when the project is ready for the second tower, they can choose between residential and office.

Question for planners: does the old Beltline floorplate restriction still exist? This site is in the 930m2 area.

This is a 930m2 polygon on the site, with a 24m building to building setback, and lines showing a 1.5 m setback:

To hit maximum density without needing relaxation of the current rules floorplate rules, you want a three tower project instead:

Fortunately, a three tower project would fit on the site and still comply with all the rules, and not involve a tower straddling old and new, or a tower that can't utilize the existing parkade core. A three tower project at 12 FAR would let you build 3 towers each at 30 residential floors give or take (around 90-91 floors combined).

Attachments

• 1556124196307.png
    1556124196307.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 532
  • 1556125084306.png
    1556125084306.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 521
Might be seeing some action on this site before too long... ;)

This one would shoot up like crazy, even faster than ONE has, since the base of the east tower is already finished.

How big are the plates at the Elbow River Hat site?
I wish CPC had better quality DP plans as part of their package, but here they are as an FYI:

there are a bunch of other attachments, you may be able to find the exact dimension in them. Item 7.1.2 of the April 18th agenda:

I just remember at that particular commission, that it was mentioned how the floor plates exceeded the restrictions. If you watch the video of the item in the minutes, there is some discussion about it.

Back