Lyfe Marda Loop | ?m | 5s | The Providence Group | Casola Koppe

As JonnyCanuck said this is a rental building. I was actually born and raised in Edmonton and PK has a reputation there for building garbage. I actually walked past the site the other day and looked at the front entry canopy detail, I don't think it is sagging, I think it is slopped to have drainage collect in the middle but it has been terribly done.

Face fastening needs to be banned and should not be accepted by the city - it looks like utter crap. Do clip systems or alternatives really cost that more for the developer?

Face fastening needs to be banned and should not be accepted by the city - it looks like utter crap. Do clip systems or alternatives really cost that more for the developer?

So the issue is more the main cladding product than the clip system itself. Hardie panel is significantly cheaper to install than any of the aluminium or steel counterparts. The problem is that there is no system for hardie panel that does not involve some sort of face fastener. Moving to a cleaner clip system means moving to a metal panel and that is a very significant cost jump.

I have a feeling this will end up like the Carrington on 11 Ave and 10St SW, that building has been reclad 3 times now? and apparently the units still leak...

Never noticed the rooftop patio.

86DFF9AC-2A1C-4C89-9A5C-BF34DD880B3F.jpeg

Back