• Not Very Good

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
The DP for this one along 5th Avenue in Kensington got submitted on February 12th:

The project's engagement website has more details, available here:

South Facing Lobby:

South East Corner:

North East Corner:

RileyPark_View5_HR.jpg
RileyPark_View4_HR2.jpg
RileyPark_View3_HR.jpg
RileyPark_View2_HR.jpg
RileyPark_View1_HR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks solid. Not to use a common cliche, but it will depend a fair bit on materials. I like the scale and massing. The colors seem reasonable, but wondering about the siding. The brick looks good.

I'm not in love with this one. I agree with SP that the massing good, but there are issues with the materials.
pros
-Massing is perfect for location.
-The brick is good and the wood (or simulated wood) under-panels are fine. Pot light are a nice touch.
cons
-The blue spandrel doesn't mix.
-Windows could be bigger
-siding doesn't look good imo. It's either hardie board or vinyl. Look down the road to Ezra for material examples.
-I don't care for the parking at the rear, but it's not too big a big deal.

I'm fine with the materials. It was a mixed use building on 10th street I would expect more like Lido or Ezra, but it's a good density boost for the area, and a nice boost to 5th ave.

It's pretty good, it more or less gets the job done. Ezra is nicer, but also more expensive, this should be more affordable, which will be nice for Kensington.

This is pretty underwhelming. The scale is great for 5th and backing on Riley Park. If this were buried in a lower profile location in Hillhurst/Sunnyside it'd be fine, but 5th gets a decent amount of people traffic. Ezra's treatment of the alley/laneway is so much better than the surface parking here.
Like others have said it's purpose built rentals (which is great for the neighbourhood) who knows how high a standard can be expected.

I agree completely. Don't know how people are praising this project or even considering it as passable, it's worse than that crap we're getting on 4th SW.

It’s not much different than Anthem Memorial (which I hate more each passing day) but I can’t give my full opinion till I see the full south side. Perhaps why they haven’t provided it.

I don’t know that anyone is praising the project, but people are looking at it as passable, and an argument could be made for being passable.

This is definitely one of those nondescript filler projects but it gets the job done, and if it means cheaper rent for Hillhurst that’s great.
I agree completely. Don't know how people are praising this project or even considering it as passable, it's worse than that crap we're getting on 4th SW.

I voted so-so. We can all agree it's not great, but I don't find it terrible either.
I don’t know that anyone is praising the project, but people are looking at it as passable, and an argument could be made for being passable.

This is definitely one of those nondescript filler projects but it gets the job done, and if it means cheaper rent for Hillhurst that’s great.
My thoughts too.

Back