News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

List of Calgary's Largest Indoor Malls

Platopos

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently I created a list of the largest indoor malls(malls which have hallways connecting them) and I was wondering if anyone would like to correct/fact check/add information onto this list. It's also a good way to discover all the potential places you can do Christmas shopping that you may have not known about!

As a disclaimer, a few of the malls on the list have misleading information for the following reasons:
1. New Horizons Mall because it didn't open yet
2. Deerfoot City for the same reason
3. Scotia Center Mall, The Core and a few others connected to the +15 system, because they're all connected and could potentially count as one big mall, but still have precise boundaries separating them, though getting from one mall to another takes a very limited amount of time

With that out of the way, here is my likely inaccurate list with some potentially outdated information:
Calgary Indoor Malls Chart 2.PNG

Last edited:
With the exception of The Core, every mall after Market Mall on that list requires either a renovation or redevelopment.

With the exception of The Core, every mall after Market Mall on that list requires either a renovation or redevelopment.
The good news is a few of these mid sized malls are actually facing potential renovations and redevelopments. A few months back, I was actually reading about how several of them will be having their parking space converted to residential towers.

Also, I've created an updated list for anyone interested where there is now 9 more malls on the list. The number of stores seems to be a bit outdated but I might continue updating this list as I found more, or newer information. Let me know if you guys would be interested in me adding something to this list in particular.

Also, the list is now ranked top to bottom by the number of stores as I feel that is more important than floor area, though I have kept the rank by size in the right-side column.
Calgary Indoor Malls Chart 2.PNG

Crossiron is good for a while yet. It still has the feel of a new mall.

Are there any stats on mall traffic? The last couple of times I've been to Crossiron, it has been very busy. This was back in September and probably around July.

Crossiron is good for a while yet. It still has the feel of a new mall.

Are there any stats on mall traffic? The last couple of times I've been to Crossiron, it has been very busy. This was back in September and probably around July.
I'll try to find something on mall traffic, but it might not even exist for anything but the biggest malls in Calgary

Mall Traffic.PNG

Here's the data. Surprising how productive market mall is. CF in general just seems to know how to produce high productivity.

I thought Crossiron would have been more profitable per sq/ft as it's always so busy, bit I guess it is a big space.

Back