The Guardian | 147m | 44s | Hon | IBI Group

Hi Group,

I've NOT Said anything about this Project for Personal Reasons. I Knew John Trode of Trode Dvlpmts and Reality from Years Back. Had a LOT of Respect for Him and Some of His Associates I knew etc. Trode Blt the 1st Tower on the Site and YES I was looking forward to the next 2/3 Towers to B Blt. There was to B 4 Towers but It was changed to 3. The Old School on 12th Ave S.E, Got Moved and Kept. The Older Bldg on 11th Ave was Kept and made Part of the Project. The School got turned Around
so It Faces the 12th Ave Front as Such. When Trode Went Bankrupt it Hit a Lot of Us in the Business Community Pretty Hard Really. For a while the Site just sat There doing Nothing. When HON Dvlpmnts Bought the Site it was Quite the Surprise in Calgary as I saw It. So did Others. I Learned a LOT from the Project really so often I do
have Reservations on BIG Projects as a lot can Change Overnight as WE are Seeing Now.Mot Sure what became of John Trode but He Will Always B one Calgary's Best Dvlprs in my Book. Thanks John!

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,

I've NOT Said anything about this Project for Personal Reasons. I Knew John Trode of Trode Dvlpmts and Reality from Years Back. Had a LOT of Respect for Him and Some of His Associates I knew etc. Trode Blt the 1st Tower on the Site and YES I was looking forward to the next 2/3 Towers to B Blt. There was to B 4 Towers but It was changed to 3. The Old School on 12th Ave S.E, Got Moved and Kept. The Older Bldg on 11th Ave was Kept and made Part of the Project. The School got turned Around
so It Faces the 12th Ave Front as Such. When Trode Went Bankrupt it Hit a Lot of Us in the Business Community Pretty Hard Really. For a while the Site just sat There doing Nothing. When HON Dvlpmnts Bought the Site it was Quite the Surprise in Calgary as I saw It. So did Others. I Learned a LOT from the Project really so often I do
have Reservations on BIG Projects as a lot can Change Overnight as WE are Seeing Now.Mot Sure what became of John Trode but He Will Always B one Calgary's Best Dvlprs in my Book. Thanks John!

Tnx,
Operater.

Please join us in the present.

Also, Torode is now behind some of the ugliest developments in the city.

00-2017 March 26 079.jpg

Attachments

• 00-2017 March 26 079.jpg
    00-2017 March 26 079.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 680
oh sh*t you actually get to own 2 floor with the paramount suite... i wonder if anyone sign up to get that 2mil $ paramount suite yet ? Whoever live up there get the fantastic view of Calgary Skyline.

It was mentioned previously in the thread that the developer or his son would be living there — not sure if that's still the case though.

once TElus complete their condo will be much better on the top floor i think and you get a close up look at some massive tower in downtown as well.

Anyone on these forums live in this building or have any experiences to pass on? The Guardian is a contender on possible buildings where I'm purchasing a condo. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Anyone on these forums live in this building or have any experiences to pass on? The Guardian is a contender on possible buildings where I'm purchasing a condo. Any information is greatly appreciated!
I've been in Guardian a couple of times once in each tower. The building is nice from what I remember, and the suites seem good. The units are brightly lit with natural light is what I remember most.

I've heard the elevators in the guardian take forever. I had some friends who lived on lower floors and they would press the elevator button, go for a shower, come out, and the elevator still wouldn't have come.

I've heard the elevators are a concern in this building. I can only imagine what it is like at the end of the month when one is being used for move in/outs... #hugedownfall

Thank you for the feed, anymore information is welcomed.

I believe few units are listed on Airbnb! rent a unit for couple nights to check the building out...same goes for many condos in the city. you can also see reviews from other people that rented in a building as they point out small detail.

Last edited:

Back