UPTEN | 121.91m | 37s | Strategic Group

It's also just a DP. It's not a huge financial commitment.

I think this is going to go this year. Strategic's other residential have been quite successful and they were early on the undersupplied Calgary residential market and will get the benefit of the wave up.

What are you basing this on? I would love to see this go ahead. East Beltline needs moooar towers!

I hope something happens, that site has been a pit for over 10 years now, and I'm sure the police are sick of going down there to chase out all the homeless that congregate there. More people there more often would be a good thing as well, the big parking lot across the street is a shady place after dark.

I would be happy to see it finished off as a 2 or 3 storey mixed use building. Anything to change it from the pit that it is.

But would it even need a new DP because one was approved when it initially started construction? Meaning if it already has a Building permit it's good to go

It is going to be rental residential with some retail in the podium. Last I heard is a March/April 2018 start up.

Interesting, this was was posted about 6 months ago. Now here we are with rumours of an imminent restart of construction.

Also, here is the updated design. This is the only version I could find unfortunately...

one-strategic-group-of-companies.png

But would it even need a new DP because one was approved when it initially started construction? Meaning if it already has a Building permit it's good to go

That's definitely not how it works. Construction was halted here around a decade ago, for a completely different building by a completely different developer.

Back