News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Call for Submissions: Buildings Completed in 2017

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
If you were around last year, you may remember SkyriseCalgary's year-end poll, where we pitted the city's 2016 completions against each other. Well we're making it an annual contest, and we've got a number of new users to help make it even more successful than last time. We'll be recognizing the projects — residential, commercial, institutional and mixed-use — that have been completed in 2017 by conducting our second "best of" poll. To qualify, completion must be apparent and the building must have visible occupancy, even if it is just on one floor.

But like last year, we need your help to compile the list. We want this to be as comprehensive as possible, so we certainly don't want to leave anything off the poll. I'll be scouring through the Forum and picking out the ones that meet the criteria, but to prevent projects from slipping through the cracks, we want to harness your knowledge of the urban landscape. So let us know below which projects, in your best estimation, were completed in the 2017 calendar year.

We're looking to have the poll launched on December 15!

Thanks!

Two that I can think of off the top of my head are:

Avenue West End (tower 1)
Vogue

The second phase of Bridgeland Crossing opened up this year, and I believe the Maple Projects rental tower may have opened up this year.

So, what do we have for a list so far?

N3
6th and 10th
Vogue
Avenue
Versus
707 - 5th
Brookfield Place

What about The George on 17th, and Aslo the Kahanoff II? Both of those were completed this past year.

We included Kahanoff II last year so...this is what I have for now:

Brookfield Place

707 Fifth

Versus

Vogue

Avenue - West Tower

Smith

6th and Tenth

The George on 17th

King Edward Art Hub

N3

Kensington Legion

Ezra on Riley Park

Marquee on 16th

Groves of Varsity

The Odeon

Niche One

ATCO Commercial Centre

LUSSO

Duke at Mission

Element Calgary Airport

One6

Tela Condos

Victory and Venture

Palfreyville

Bridgeland Affordable Housing

I'm still going through the Forum, but if there are any glaring omissions, let me know!

Back