Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
I really don't believe that this is going to start anytime soon. Cidex also have The Hat project scheduled for East Village. It is highly unlikely that they would start both projects at the same time. Both it and West Village are slated to be purpose rental buildings. There is already a glut of rental units on the market with more to come.

I don't believe it either . With that said, the East Village is clear across downtown and, The Hat is now under construction. I would suggest that supports this one possibly moving forward.

Hi Group,

Could B Wrong on this, but am I Correct on the Fact that Wam Dlvpmts also now Own the Land across the Street where Metro Ford still Operates. I Remember reading an Article in the Herald about it. Dvlpr -
IT Escapes of hand but I believe it was Wam.. There are to B 3 or 4 Bldgs all Total,

Tnx,
Operater.

To further add to this, WAM recently changed their name to ONE Properties. The project website for their Metro Ford location can be found here:
http://oneproperties.com/9th-avenue-residential/

My understanding is they are focusing on their 12th Ave/Curtis Block project first in Calgary, and it won't be until around 2020 that we see more movement on the Metro Ford site.

Wow, that's the first time I've seen or read anything about a project for Metro Ford specifically. Not that it's terribly surprising given overall plans in the area. I have to laugh at their quaint ideal for 9th ave though. The North Western third of the city funnels through there every day it'll never have the allignment in that render.

Back more on topic, I agree that it would be quite the stretch to see the WV towers started, but man would I love it.

To further add to this, WAM recently changed their name to ONE Properties. The project website for their Metro Ford location can be found here:
http://oneproperties.com/9th-avenue-residential/

My understanding is they are focusing on their 12th Ave/Curtis Block project first in Calgary, and it won't be until around 2020 that we see more movement on the Metro Ford site.

I forgot about their Curtis Block project. Did WAM buy that out from New Urban?

Wow, that's the first time I've seen or read anything about a project for Metro Ford specifically. Not that it's terribly surprising given overall plans in the area. I have to laugh at their quaint ideal for 9th ave though. The North Western third of the city funnels through there every day it'll never have the allignment in that render.

Back more on topic, I agree that it would be quite the stretch to see the WV towers started, but man would I love it.
Looks like One (WAM) plans to make the city turn 9th into a two way road ;)

So I've heard the BP for this one is back in the city, Cidex will probably start "value engineering" this project, so I imagine there will be changes from the original design, but it sounds like they want it to go ahead this year.

So I've heard the BP for this one is back in the city, Cidex will probably start "value engineering" this project, so I imagine there will be changes from the original design, but it sounds like they want it to go ahead this year.
Interesting. I saw a tweet a while back about a BP for this site. It'd be nice to see that parcel get developed.
That actually is the city plan.
Nice I'd like to see 9th ave go back to bi-directional.

I believe Cidex needed help on the business side of things to get this one going from what I've been told. Appears to be back on track now.

I have a note that Wexford Developments was their original partner and since sold their interest to AIMCO??? If the financing is secure than it may move forward but I still don't know where the market for rental units is coming from.:confused::confused:

Back