Votes: 6 15.8%
  • So So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I really like the exterior balconies, they remind me of a place in California that I stayed at once. My only concern might be the winter weather, I guess we'll see.

I really like the exterior balconies, they remind me of a place in California that I stayed at once. My only concern might be the winter weather, I guess we'll see.
I like exterior hallways. Saves maintenance and heating costs of interior common places that are frequently over-built and unnecessary. Steps is a cool design, hopefully it eventually comes to fruition.

Exterior hallways (and more notably stairways) are commonplace in Montreal, with far more consistently aggressive, snowy and icy winter weather. Even new buildings commonly feature the same exterior stairways indicative of the city's plex-style architecture. This doesn't create a large fully accessible housing stock, however there are ground floor units and larger apartment blocks with elevators.

Will Calgarian renters/buyers accept unconventional (by Calgary standards) building design? Different question. I think we could use a booster-shot of unconventional contemporary mid-rise design like Steps.

Yeah, I don't think winter is an issue. Thinking outside the box is more of an issue here in YYC. I think Calgarians are more forward thinking than developers realize.

I just love everything about this one. Bridgeland has been a hotbed for unconventional (by Calgary standards) design choices. I was in one of the places over first ave, and it was a 3 storey apartment with rooftop, very Northern European design. I loved it.

The only issue with Steps is they can't seem to get it built. Sounds like construction has halted again.

When something like this happens, do the people who put down deposits on the launch date, however many years ago, have any sort of recourse? Or, do they just have to go on living, knowing that potentially one day they will have to come up with the rest of cost for the condo?

When something like this happens, do the people who put down deposits on the launch date, however many years ago, have any sort of recourse? Or, do they just have to go on living, knowing that potentially one day they will have to come up with the rest of cost for the condo?
Normally there is an exit clause for either party to leave the deal based on dates not being met. It varies from one contract to the next, but usually there's a date involved with getting approval, and one with construction start. I'm pretty sure there is usually a clause tied to completion date. Hopefully that's the case here.

The project is beautiful but the communication on the status and progress is absolutely terrible!

Initially was informed the project will be completed Dec 2015; delayed a year held up in courts with city council; was told will start up again in Oct 2016 the project will be completed Fall 2017; now told is delayed again until probably next year!! Honestly what is the deal with this project, are they out of funds???

Anyone have a straight answer?

I stopped by the sales centre a while back and asked why the construction had halted, and they said it was just a temporary halt while they re-adjusted a few things. Unfortunately developers aren't usually forthcoming when there are snags in the plan. At this point, with it being at grade I think it'll get done, but it sure has taken a while.

The snag is finding another general contractor. I am sure there are a few out there looking for work but this project has a stigma attached to it now. Who knows how long it will take for someone else to come on board.

Does anyone know what the issue is with the contractor? I hope the developers didn't run out of money.

From what I remember they were the source of the issue with the previous stoppage, so I would assume this one is on the Developer side as well.

Like most things, it probably comes down to money...or lack of it.

Back