Votes: 13 15.9%
  • So so

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Not very good

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not to mention some of the towers that are condos will also have units for rent via the owners. I suspect that they see a certain rate of absorption and feel that three years from now they won't have a problem renting them. With no other rental purposed projects coming down the pipe, their timing might be just right.

Interesting. So it seems that this is a go. :cool: It'll be nice to have something that tall in that part of the Beltline.

Yeah, for some reason I thought this one was on the east side of downtown. Fifteen15 and the boxy grey & orange ones near the Co-op must be the tallest ones in the general area and they'd don't come anywhere close to 43 storeys. Speaking of those boxy grey and orange ones, Point Tower gets bonus points for partially obstructing the view of Vantage Pointe from the West. :p

EDIT:

Given the number of empty and derelict lots around 14th Street SW, I'm kinda surprised that This site, which is occupied with tenants is one of the first to receive major redevelopment.

upload_2016-11-19_13-15-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-19_13-15-24.png
    upload_2016-11-19_13-15-24.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:
I'm very much hoping this gets built, the reason being that this is a significant sized development and could create small centre of gravity in that part of the beltline. Centre of gravity Arjun off to spur on other developments around it. If this gets built those other empty parking lot school get billed it'll just be a matter of time.

I
I'm very much hoping this gets built, the reason being that this is a significant sized development and could create small centre of gravity in that part of the beltline. Centre of gravity Arjun off to spur on other developments around it. If this gets built those other empty parking lot school get billed it'll just be a matter of time.
A few typos, but think I know what you are trying to get at :p I agree 100%, a project of that size, combined with some of the other ones in that part of the Beltline could create a small centre of gravity and spur on other developments.

Not to mention some of the towers that are condos will also have units for rent via the owners. I suspect that they see a certain rate of absorption and feel that three years from now they won't have a problem renting them. With no other rental purposed projects coming down the pipe, their timing might be just right.

Don't forget that both of Cidex's "The Hat" projects, one in the East Village (93ish meters tall) and the one in the West End (35ish meters tall) are poised to start construction within the next year as well, if all goes to plan. It's pretty great that, even in a downturn, we're still expecting at least 4 tower starts within a year, with one of them being residential in the 150 meter range!!

It is really amazing when you consider how bad things are supposed be. There's also INK in East Village which is supposed to start up soon. Good times :cool:

Right! Ink was the one I was forgetting! So we have 5 potential tower starts within the next year! Ink, The Hat East Village, The Hat West End, Orchard I, and Point. It really is an amazing time for Calgary as far as urban development and intensification goes. I am just chomping at the bit to see the next major greenspace redevelopment get started, hoping for West Eau Claire Park to get going soon!

I had forgotten about Orchard! I didn't think that one would go, but it sounds like it might be.
I can't even imagine what this place is going to be like when things pick up.

I had forgotten about Orchard! I didn't think that one would go, but it sounds like it might be.
I can't even imagine what this place is going to be like when things pick up.

Yeah Orchard is likely around 60 percent sold by this point, haven't seen any solid numbers though yet, but I'm pretty sure they have their BP or DP already though.

Back