News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

SkyriseCities Calgary

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Want to take a sneak peek at our new site?

We've been working away behind the scenes to build a new SRC site that just focuses on Calgary, and we thought you might want to take a look.

We'd love your help finding bugs or other idiosyncrasies that need to be addressed, so poke around and then tell us what you think below.

Please keep in mind that this is just a test site, which means that the Forum link does not work.

Ready? Take a look.

Is this site replacing SkyriseCities or becoming another section?

If this is for SkyriseCities Calgary to be it's own site then I think this is a good idea. The site is solid, I like the way the stories automatically change on the front page. I'm viewing it from my phone but will try from my desktop later.

I forgot to ask are the forum links not working because they are not on the front page? I can't seem to find the links to the forum ??

Looks pretty good. :) Have you already rolled out any of these sites for other cities, or is this part of a pilot?

Is this site replacing SkyriseCities or becoming another section?

If this is for SkyriseCities Calgary to be it's own site then I think this is a good idea. The site is solid, I like the way the stories automatically change on the front page. I'm viewing it from my phone but will try from my desktop later.

SkyriseCities.com (the global site) will remain as is. It is the parent site with Calgary being the second child site (urbantoronto.ca is the first). SkyriseCities Calgary will have its own dedicated news stories with the bigger ones showing up on the global site. The forum will continue to be shared with all the global cities as is now. @Patrick.1980

I forgot to ask are the forum links not working because they are not on the front page? I can't seem to find the links to the forum ??

The link to the forum is found in the nav bar. Technically not working just yet but will when we launch properly. The site you are currently viewing is still being worked on. @Patrick.1980

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.23 PM.png

Also can be found in this box where we can highlight recent forum updates.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.30 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.23 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 645
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 10.28.30 PM.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 692
Looks pretty good. :) Have you already rolled out any of these sites for other cities, or is this part of a pilot?

Thanks!

This is the first SRC spinoff site (UrbanToronto predates SRC by 15 years). And yes we plan other cities including a pretty cool one just a bit north of you. If you look at the SRC Calgary nav bar you'll notice a tab for cities. 2 right now plus the global site. @Oddball

Back