Votes: 14 25.0%
  • So So

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks like my original projection for crown height was off a bit, but nothing too crazy.

Image38.jpg

Attachments

• Image38.jpg
    Image38.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 454
I agree. Most people don't agree with me, but I like this better than the Bow.

Sometimes I like the Bow better, and sometimes Brookfield Place. I love the concave side of the Bow, but not as much of a fan of the convex side. On one hand the Bow is a building that would stand out in any city...even NYC, London or HK.. while Brookfield Place would simply blend in unnoticed.....on the other hand Brookfield Place does have great massing, and the curved corners are great.

That's a very good point about the Bow standing out in other cities, I can't think of one city in the world for the Bow wouldn't be a notable building. It's interesting because one of my favourite buildings is Comerce Court in Toronto, but that building would be unnoticeable in the larger skylines around the world.

You can think of Dubai.

That's a very good point about the Bow standing out in other cities, I can't think of one city in the world for the Bow wouldn't be a notable building. It's interesting because one of my favourite buildings is Comerce Court in Toronto, but that building would be unnoticeable in the larger skylines around the world.

Yes and no Somrach1. Dubai does have a number of buildings that are 'out there' in terms of design, but even Dubai doesn't have a building that looks like the Bow in any way. What makes the Bow unique is the shape of it. There's nothing like it, the only building close to it in terms of massing would be Toronto city hall, but really, the buildings don't look much alike. Nobody would ever mistake the two.

You can think of Dubai.

Back