Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
For anyone who might be curious....the building in the foreground is being renovated to house a Dollarama.
Not the worst idea I've heard of. Ultimately that building is a tear down, but if a dollarama can get some life out of it for a few years that's great. Better than bulldozing it and leaving it an empty lot.

20190819_135856.jpg

The full thing, with glass appearing. A lovely day, too.

Thankfully 9th Ave was already a depressing hellscape. This is at least a (very) minor improvement.

A parking lot is still better than this podium as you know it won't be there 20 years from now.

I wouldn't say we "know" that. Most of the parking lots on 9th and along the tracks have been there fifty years.

Maybe not the best choice of words. I hope the next 50 years are more like the past 10 years than the past 50 years. The tower should turn out fine. The podium is shit. There is this need to find the smallest smidgen of good in every crap developments. I don't get it.

Promising start

Very little window wall was used back when Arriva was built. Chocolate, Colours, Nuera, etc. Edmonton has its share of curtain wall and stucco towers roo.
Window wall has been around for 30+ years, most residential towers in this city have used it. I think Batistella was the only residential developer using curtain wall, they appeared to use window wall on their recent jobs.

Yeah, it's waiting for tower 1 to be done to immediately start on tower 2, assumedly. If it wasn't, they would have taken it down ages ago.

Window wall has been around for 30+ years, most residential towers in this city have used it. I think Batistella was the only residential developer using curtain wall, they appeared to use window wall on their recent jobs.

How long window wall has been used and the percentage of residential towers in the city using window wall is extraneous information.It's not pertinent to the time Arriva was built

Nuera wasn't built by Batistella. Montana or Five West are a couple others. Local developers were using stick curtain wall systems at the time Arriva was built. Bosa was using window wall. We've gone backwards since those days once Vancouver and Toronto developers took more of the market share and now everyone uses window wall.

Back