University District | Multiple Buildings | WCDT

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
It is indeed. I got this map from West Campus Trust. Not sure if there's a new one with Gramercy on it. I might have to fire up photoshop ?

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
University Avenue is gonna look awesome! A benchmark for this city.

CCF

Member Bio
Reaction score
Three more retailers set to go into University District.

-Village Ice Cream
The Alley (Bubble Tea)
-Shopper's Drug Mart

I don't know which buildings.
Story here (though notably, not much more in the way of details):

Plus a neat flyover video in the story too.

Ubran Outdoorsman

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have to admit. I'm pretty sad that Analog no longer appears to be opening a location in U/D. The NW is in dire need of some good coffee.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Three more retailers set to go into University District.

-Village Ice Cream
The Alley (Bubble Tea)
-Shopper's Drug Mart

I don't know which buildings.
Village Ice Cream and The Alley are moving into Block 23. Shoppers is slated to move into Argyle, so it'll be a while yet. There's also a Staples coming to U/D slated for 2022.

CCF

Member Bio
Reaction score
I imagine it's just a matter of time before a coffee joint signs up somewhere in U/D.
I also imagine that the West Campus Dev. Trust is being pretty selective about *which* coffee shop they opt to go with. Remember that they are the curators of all of the retail in the UD and probably want a well known local brand (i.e. If it's not Analog it will be something similar).

BKha

Member Bio
Reaction score
I also imagine that the West Campus Dev. Trust is being pretty selective about *which* coffee shop they opt to go with. Remember that they are the curators of all of the retail in the UD and probably want a well known local brand (i.e. If it's not Analog it will be something similar).
That’s good to hear, but I hope they aren’t too selective. It’s nice to have great cafe brands, but sometimes it’s nice to let the market dictate to some degree.

JTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
I might catch some flak for saying this, but I would be okay with a non drive thru Tim Hortons.