The Hat Elbow River | 177.99m | 56s | Cidex Group | NORR

Cidex are still building out their Nolan Hill suburban apartment complex they partnered with Killam REIT on I think. When this went to CPC years ago (and pre-covid) CIDEX was pretty bullish on this project, saying they intended to break ground the following year.

Cidex are still building out their Nolan Hill suburban apartment complex they partnered with Killam REIT on I think. When this went to CPC years ago (and pre-covid) CIDEX was pretty bullish on this project, saying they intended to break ground the following year.

Yes. There is another phase of Nolan Hill ... 3 more buildings .... coming up

Amazing to think that suburban complex will have about the same amount, if not more, units than these three towers.
..and sad to think those units will take up to times as much land, and new infrastructure (roads, light standards, etc..) to support that new growth. On the flip side, it's not 1100 single family homes. That would be as lot of extra infrastructure.

This needs to be completely revised, end of story. Request a parking requirement relaxation, reduce the parking podium height by at least 1/3, and (I can’t believe I’m saying this) reduce the height of the towers by 1/3 as well. There is absolutely no reason for the tallest sole residential building (178 meters current tallest all-residential building in AB is West Village 1 & 2 at 150 meters) in the province to be on the extreme outer edge of downtown along a veritable freeway.

The river frontage needs farrr more thought and attention put into it. That should literally be a key focus of the project if they want to attract a significant number of patrons for their retail along that stretch. Plus the city should be imposing strict design guidelines as they are essentially transforming a 200 meter stretch of riverfront and towering over it with a truly ghastly podium.

Maybe after the Hat on 14th is finished, they might start in this one.

I don’t think Cidex has any other high-rise proposals other than this one. If they were to do another high-rise project it would be this one.
They've just begun a project in Edmonton:

Back