1116 - 7th Ave SW | ?m | 12s | Cidex Group | NORR

Not even particularly concerned with materials on this one. I like that it is a wall-to-wall building, i'm sure they will have to maximize the amount vision glass on the front and back sides. This is great scale, and a good use of this site. Good job so far Cidex!

Tough to be concerned much with materials on this. It’s absolute urban filler. Modest height, mid block, and will be all but invisible as the empty lot on the west side gets developed (eventually)
But, they desperately need to slap a mural or even some bold colouring on that west side. That’s a big blank concrete wall.

There is no reason there should be any spandrel on the south face of this one; but Cidex.

It will be obstructed by the balcony railing. It doesn't bother me having the large panel hiding the HVAC. I have concerns with Cidex pulling off the yellow balcony slabs and different shades of balcony glass. It's narrow infill. It can still turn out awful.

They are going to paint the sides, the development was appealed when first proposed a few years back, and the city forced them to add something to the blank walls so residents nearby don't just stare at grey concrete or EIFS.

Last edited:
71E25B5C-63FC-4B05-9448-1FF39E7F1B1F.jpeg
85BAABF4-8F28-4D96-97B4-89EBF9AD7CCC.jpeg
156D1F8E-9480-4951-8620-A1A0EAB0411A.jpeg

I'm really liking this building more and more. The only downfall is the lack of windows on the east and west sides, which is probably due to fire regs, but it's turning out to be a nice little development. I'd like to see more of these kinds of buildings in the city. East Village with several large podiums could use a few boutique sized buildings like this.

IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_4213.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4216.JPG
IMG_4223.JPG

Good job on this Cidex! Happy to see some true mid-block, wall-to-wall buildings being built in sub-prime locations. If we’re using the often used definition of “good filler” this is exactly it.

Back