The Barron | 43m | 11s | Strategic Group | Gibbs Gage

As much as you guy love to hate on it...it’s definitely in your face clearly Art Deco. And that big ass V makes it look right outta Gotham City ha ha.

There's nothing "clearly" Art Deco about Vogue, because it isn't Art Deco.

Art Deco is characterized by decorative sculpting and/or tiling of the exterior and interior spaces. A very short google or wikipedia search could give you a basic understanding of what art deco actually is, especially if you think Vogue is art deco. Yikes.

383px-570_Lexington_Avenue2.JPG

2560px-Detroit_December_2015_30_%28Guardian_Building%29.jpg

The Marine Building in Vancouver is the best example of Art Deco in the country. Only competitor on that front is Edifice Aldred in Montreal. Again, Vogue is not Art Deco. I can't possibly stress that enough.

exterior-old-marine-building-skyscraper-downtown-vancouver-canada-133322252.jpg

col_realestate2_2581.jpg

You can have Art Deco without the extra glitz. It’s the vertical emphasis though, that tends to differ from Art Moderne. The Barron has both, but I will give it a nod towards Art Moderne.

As much as you guy love to hate on it...it’s definitely in your face clearly Art Deco. And that big ass V makes it look right outta Gotham City ha ha.
Lol I love the big V. It's like a super villain's headquarters for sure haha.
The whole building is kinda tacky ya, but it really isn't that bad. Just kinda bland. Looks good at night in the skyline.

Pretty bummed about the Barron :/

Lol I love the big V. It's like a super villain's headquarters for sure haha.
The whole building is kinda tacky ya, but it really isn't that bad. Just kinda bland. Looks good at night in the skyline.

Pretty bummed about the Barron :/
Yup! I fully expect to see Batman at any moment. It soooo over the top I actually like it.

I wasn't saying I don't like Vogue, I actually do. The glass could have been less shitty, but I like it. It's just not art deco.

Unnecessary thread bump, but just curious if anyone knows where the Barron Building is likely going to end up with the restructuring of assets/debt for Strategic? Just really hope this doesn't stall and lead to the demolition of the building.

OMG YEESSSSSSSSSS!!! Thank gods! That makes me very happy. I wonder if Strategic got the "Wishing Well" statue, having it in the north plaza there would be the perfect spot, since there will be no sun exposure.

Back