News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 962     0 

Sunnyside Redevelopment Project | ?m | ?s | One Properties |

Ubran Outdoorsman

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm sure somebody's probably mentioned this proposal at some point, but was driving past today and noticed there seems to be a lot of site prep.

The project is located in bowness where the old sunnyside garden center used to be. Its a mixed use proposal, with a combination of bigbox, light industrial and medium-high density housing.
Screenshot_20201014-152445.png

Overall I'd give it a 6/10. I don't like the massive parking lots and I definitely think they could have included more housing. That being said I imagine the market for high density housing in a place like bowness probably isn't large enough to warrant more than a few buildings. I do however apreciate the inclusion of light industrial. Weirdly enough i think the NW could use a lot more light industrial/warehouses. Mostly due to the fact that not a single craft brewery is operating in the NW because there's nowhere for them to go.

ByeByeBaby

Member Bio
Reaction score
This site desperately needs a pedestrian/bike crossing of the railroad near the north end, connecting to 35th Ave on the east side of the tracks. The residential component of the project is about a 1100m walk from the main street in Bowness (1300m today without the multi-use path parallel to the tracks); adding the crossing would drop this to 600m or so. Huge bang for the buck.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
Apparently One Properties have put this up for sale. Not sure what that means as this is a prime development site.