Votes: 6 15.8%
  • So So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is amazing. Remember at the beginning of the oil collapse, we had like 6 stalled/cancelled projects at grade. With the restart of this one and the imminent restart of Place 10, every stalled inner city project of the last decade will have been revived. Amazing.

With Blush Lane already there, and Loblaws a few hundred meters walk away, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.

now we need a grocery store!
Would be nice to see a small urban format grocer on the north side of 1st ave.
With Blush Lane already there, and Loblaws a few hundred meters walk away, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.
I think Bridgeland is close. Marda Loop has a Safeway and a Blush Lane. Britannia has a Sunterra and Blush Lane. With Steps/Dominion/McPherson II and Columbus Court all being built. It might be enough for an urban format grocery store.

^^ Fair enough. I just wound't hold my breath on it, as it's gonna be a while, under any circumstance.

Do we know if they are sticking with the original design? I'll be really disappointed if they switched the design, because knowing this city, the switch will almost certainly be for the worse.

It won't be any time right away, but Bridgeland will get one. The population is there, it's a case of finding the location. It won't be a standalone grocer, it'll have to be something similar to the Save-on Foods going into Rhapsody. Totally feasible, but I don't know which lot is available for something like that.

It won't be any time right away, but Bridgeland will get one. The population is there, it's a case of finding the location. It won't be a standalone grocer, it'll have to be something similar to the Save-on Foods going into Rhapsody. Totally feasible, but I don't know which lot is available for something like that.
Agreed. Finding the right location is tricky. Era might be a good location for it, but it's kind of far from the population density area. Macpherson II would be a great location geographically wise, it's also right by the LRT station. I bet we'll start seeing some developments on the north side of 1st avenue and that would be the best spot.

I was thinking either McPherson 2 or Dominion. Both would be ideal.

^^ Either of these two would be great for being right in the center of things. With more development east of Dominion, and down the road more development east of that, there will be a lot of people in that area.

This is fantastic news. I walk by this barren site everyday to work, wishing that something would happen. Do we know if they are sticking with the original design?
I wonder that too. They may have value engineered it down somewhat, but they haven't submitted any new permits, so me thinks it's close to the original.

Back