News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Stephen Avenue

The opening of Barbarella, and just the dramatic improvement to that building's interface with the avenue, probably makes a world of difference for the intersection and block around 2nd Street SW.

For others who needed a reminder like me, this is the old Scotia Bank Branch:
1688067575409.png

The opening of Barbarella, and just the dramatic improvement to that building's interface with the avenue, probably makes a world of difference for the intersection and block around 2nd Street SW.
Barbarella seems to be busy all the time. Definitely has made a difference to the area.

I bike down Stephen ave multiple times a week as its the last leg of my commute, so i feel i have a good sense of the state of the ave. its pretty wild seeing the change from 2021, when covid had most office workers at home. On a nice day its very busy after work with most of the patios full. The city has done a good job activating the street with buskers, markets, artwork, etc. Dan the one man band was playing on Tuesday, that guy is still going strong. There are still quite a few empty storefronts id like to see filled, but lots of them are big, expensive spaces that will need a major tenant

I was also down there last weekend on my way to a sled island show and it was probably the busiest I've ever seen the downtown core on a weekend night, its great to see. The city is really coming into itself, with all the tourists coming in for stampede, the city is going to be buzzing

Back