Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm really impressed by the surface treatments in the lane--very high quality. This is my fave midrise project in the city so far. We need more like this.
South Bank 1.jpg
South Bank 3.jpg
Southbank 2.jpg

Yeah, this project has turned out pretty amazingly.

4ITyiggyT1WzteWG3N9%hw.jpg

Drove by this one yesterday, and that weathering steel cladding really catches your attention. Not sure if I like it or not, need to see it a few more times to decide.

Still really unsure about the weathering steel part, it's very busy and doesn't really tie in with anything else. The building looks pretty good though!

These ones meld together in an acceptable fashion. The ones of Fifth and Third (Arris is the towers, you meant the retail podium) absolutely do not even come close to melding.

The only one of the materials on this one that sticks out in a big way is the iron art piece. At the very least this piece is interesting and not offensive.

What is with the double light pole at the corner? One tall black one and a smaller silver one...how does hat even happen?
I suspect that the older black one was always imagined to be replaced once development moves in but now that it happened a bunch of people are point fingers at each other of whose job it is to take down. Alternatively no one other that yourself has noticed that yet. You'd think that all the assets would be tracked and having an extra pole would be worth adding back into the inventory? Like if a friend borrowed a BBQ then bought their own BBQ I wouldn't say "no worries, have two BBQs". I would want it back, no?

Regardless of the reasons the result is the same - an unnecessary and supersized street light pole / gravity base will disrupt pedestrians for years an otherwise impressively done pedestrian realm with few notably avoidable flaws. If the worst comes to pass and the two streetlights survives a year,I'll post it into my passing-the-time COVID project / Calgary Public Realm Catalogue

Back