Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, love the street wall there! the building across the street may be some faux historicism, but it's the perfect massing along with these two. Would love if lots of the empty blocks in Inglewood developed like this...

Awesome concrete paved alleyway.
View attachment 203897
The concrete is great, we just finished getting our back alley paved after 3 years of petitioning and what an amazing change. The # of neighbours and kids playing in the back alley now vs the gravel / dusty / muddy /potholed version before is awesome. It's completely activated the space for our block. And an aside on concrete vs paved alleys, ours is actually a hybrid with half paved / half concrete. Reason being the grade, city requires that any alley with a grade <0.5% be concrete to ensure the grade is maintained. >0.5% and it gets paved

The concrete is great, we just finished getting our back alley paved after 3 years of petitioning and what an amazing change. The # of neighbours and kids playing in the back alley now vs the gravel / dusty / muddy /potholed version before is awesome. It's completely activated the space for our block. And an aside on concrete vs paved alleys, ours is actually a hybrid with half paved / half concrete. Reason being the grade, city requires that any alley with a grade <0.5% be concrete to ensure the grade is maintained. >0.5% and it gets paved

I'm kind of a fan of our alley's surface, which is paved but with giant potholes - those are 'traffic calming devices' to keep car traffic at a crawl. On a bike you can wind in between and go faster.

Does anyone have any photo updates for this one? My husband and I are in another province to find work and we're dying to see how the 'hood is progressing!!

I would say they probably are given the brackets built into the wall. If they were going with any other material they probably would need those. Here's hoping.

Happy to hear! I love this outcome. It's a great looking lane with the glazing and activation at the rear. I truly wish more developments would maximize their floor plates in the same way. Inglewood is rocking

Back