Riverwalk | 45.11m | 12s | Campion | S2

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New 12 storey tower proposed for Mission Cliff Bunglaow area, as per @CBBarnett 's post.

Image6.jpg

Attachments

• Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 4,174
Gurl WHAT?!?! *drools*

That looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing more about materials etc.

Sure is!

Here are some additional renders.

fullsizeoutput_1056.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1058.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_105a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_105c.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1056.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1056.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 2,529
  • fullsizeoutput_1058.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1058.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,335
  • fullsizeoutput_105a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_105a.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 2,280
  • fullsizeoutput_105c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_105c.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 2,157
Yeah that's sort of implied by it being located in the core areas of Calgary during late-stage capitalism. :p

Looks decent, not a fan of the vehicle access through to the back (not sure if the parkade ramp is off there) and I find it quite odd that there are going to be windows on the podium part looking right at the houses next door, not sure the code will allow that, and I'm not sure people need a view of the eave of the house next door. Decent materials and massing though, and I hope there is some retail or something on the 5st Side, that street is too quiet, and I think there is enough retail on 4st that some could carry over to 2nd or 5th st to try and activate more of the area.

Seniors housing is about to be a booming industry, lots of developers and architecture firms are gearing up for a lot of this work.
It's a great location for a seniors facility; walkable to all daily needs. Many near-elderly - particularly as many are suburban and car-based - fail to appreciate how unsustainable their lifestyles can become once they lose the ability to drive. The decline of mobility can be much more rapid than many realize.

It's a great location for a seniors facility; walkable to all daily needs. Many near-elderly - particularly as many are suburban and car-based - fail to appreciate how unsustainable their lifestyles can become once they lose the ability to drive. The decline of mobility can be much more rapid than many realize.
Very true indeed. My father in-law lived around the corner from there and loved it, due to the fact that he could walk to most everything he needed. I think sometimes people assume seniors prefer to be out in the boonies somewhere quieter and away from all the action, but that's often not the case.

Back