News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Reclads

Hey, telecommunications equipment needs parking too! Or, at least, that is what the bylaw at the time probably said.....

As for the rendering, my first thought is it could look better, but remember how the Paliser Square reclad looked in the rendering? Turned out much better in real life. Let's hope for the same here.

Anything is better than the current building. I say go for it and hope it turns out like Pallisar Square as mentioned above. Can’t go wrong with black and white and the digital wall will be really cool next to Telus Sky. It’s a data Center...

Anything is better than the current building. I say go for it and hope it turns out like Pallisar Square as mentioned above. Can’t go wrong with black and white and the digital wall will be really cool next to Telus Sky. It’s a data Center...
"Anything is better than the current building" 100 percent mate.

Yeah it has been proposed since the day Telus Sky was proposed. Just hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: AJX
Len Werry is probably the biggest tragedy of Calgary's downtown. Every time I see old pictures of the building that was there before it I think of how incredible it would have been had that building been kept instead.

Southam Tower was an absolutely tragic loss. Almost unthinkable that it was replaced by this bilge pump. :mad:

Reactions: AJX
Nope, it was Southam Tower…

EMKWR1kUEAE1nUP.jpg

That building that sat where the south portion of the Bay building is now, was such a great little building. At least it was replaced by the Bay expansion, and not some soul sucking office building.

Saw this on Linkedin, does anyone know what the finished product will look like? And, is there any chance that this project will remove the double wide traffic layby on 11th Avenue?
View attachment 422442
Let's hope they fix the sidewalks, they are a total mess even in that picture. Extra bonus for removing the layby in a layby.

Back