Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

Not a full shot of it, but you can see it rising in the background

nBuZJOC.jpg

www.reddit.com/user/TheFlyingZombie/

My guess is that they'll do the first tower to completion or near completion then possibly start the second tower. I think we got maybe a year or two before it gets built though.

Permit was approved at the same time as the east portion, but the west side is still pending release.

It's pretty typical to do a phased tower development like this one at a time. If they weren't planning on doing the other side, they would have already filled in the knockout panels in the parkade and backfilled the foundation, it would make for quicker site work. I don't want to say it's going ahead because anything is possible with this site, but the contractors clearly plan on doing the west foundation and parkade.

Either way I suppose it'll go ahead sometime. I'm happy to see the one tower at least going up and the improvements to the 4th street interface.

Permit was approved at the same time as the east portion, but the west side is still pending release.

It's pretty typical to do a phased tower development like this one at a time. If they weren't planning on doing the other side, they would have already filled in the knockout panels in the parkade and backfilled the foundation, it would make for quicker site work. I don't want to say it's going ahead because anything is possible with this site, but the contractors clearly plan on doing the west foundation and parkade.

Back