Oliver | 121.3m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

good news

talked to a couple guys on the sight. they are loading the old curtain wall from the office design which had been stored there. you can see the caps are coming off the rebar on the roof. the project is a GO for both towers!

5C0AF9AA-AE44-4742-8A6D-DA9A1708184B.jpeg

That is FABULOUS news! I am gagged, so exciting to have another two 100+ meter towers underway and another ~600 rental units added to the ~6000 we already have underway in the inner city.

This is why I love this site :) If you ever wonder what's happening with a construction site this is the place.
good news

talked to a couple guys on the sight. they are loading the old curtain wall from the office design which had been stored there. you can see the caps are coming off the rebar on the roof. the project is a GO for both towers!

This is why I love this site :) If you ever wonder what's happening with a construction site this is the place.

Absolutely, but don’t you just wonder sometimes how the Crescent Road mansions are coming along? Or if someone has posted a new blurry over zoomed pic of Telus Sky. I know I do.

I'm amazed the rental vacancy has stayed below %5 over the last couple years with all these purpose built rental units being built. People must still want a central location but really don't like the idea of buying a condo right now. Either way, i'm not complaining

That is FABULOUS news! I am gagged, so exciting to have another two 100+ meter towers underway and another ~600 rental units added to the ~6000 we already have underway in the inner city.
Extremely low interest rates, at least for the next 3 years, are big factor behind this over building...developers would rather have empty units but be locked in into lower rates

That may be partially true, but obviously our 3.9% vacancy rate helps a lot. They wouldn't be building if there wasn't demand, and there's unprecedented demand right now.

Back