Place 10 | 121m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

Morshed

Member Bio
Reaction score
That is FABULOUS news! I am gagged, so exciting to have another two 100+ meter towers underway and another ~600 rental units added to the ~6000 we already have underway in the inner city.
Extremely low interest rates, at least for the next 3 years, are big factor behind this over building...developers would rather have empty units but be locked in into lower rates

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
That may be partially true, but obviously our 3.9% vacancy rate helps a lot. They wouldn't be building if there wasn't demand, and there's unprecedented demand right now.

Disraeli

Member Bio
Reaction score
During the boom years it was the place to be. The one thing I miss about the old SSP was the contributions to the Food and Coffee thread. I used to follow recommendations from that thread all the time and there are cafes and restaurants that I still frequent as a result of the recommendations. Alas, I don't think many of the contributors to that thread made the switch.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
What's the height of the shorter of these two towers?

121 is the taller, shorter looks to maybe be 10 or more less.

Cowtown

Member Bio
Reaction score
During the boom years it was the place to be. The one thing I miss about the old SSP was the contributions to the Food and Coffee thread. I used to follow recommendations from that thread all the time and there are cafes and restaurants that I still frequent as a result of the recommendations. Alas, I don't think many of the contributors to that thread made the switch.
They haven't made the switch because they've either passed away or moved away. The last time someone posted in that thread at SSP was 2017. It's mainly because it was really one guy that drove the thread - Rusty or Furry something and he hasn't been on there for years.

Last edited:

Crazyeamon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Would anyone have any idea who might be the electrical contractors on this? Won't be able to pass by and try to ask until the weekend.