Place 10 | 121m | 35s | Centron | Gibbs Gage

Chinook Arch

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wasn't there talk about capping it once the podium was finished back when it was supposed to be an office development? Maybe it's left over from that
Good point. The original office design would have been curtain wall for sure. It's strange that any kind of glazing would at the site at this stage, unless they were storing it there and now have to move it.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
I feel like removing all this stuff from it is a good sign, no? They can't have all that crap down there while it's under construction. Plus they did say they needed to do a bit of demolition and reconstruction before they could go vertical. One could easily assume that this demo and reconstruction would take place in the parking lot in order to structurally reinforce it for a 100+ meter tower.

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
If they were planning to be many floors up at this stage and starting installation, and when you have half your lot available as a lay down yard, why pay for storage?
I don't think they would want to store curtain wall outside if they didn't have to, really odd that there was glass there.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
That is FABULOUS news! I am gagged, so exciting to have another two 100+ meter towers underway and another ~600 rental units added to the ~6000 we already have underway in the inner city.

JTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is why I love this site :) If you ever wonder what's happening with a construction site this is the place.
good news

talked to a couple guys on the sight. they are loading the old curtain wall from the office design which had been stored there. you can see the caps are coming off the rebar on the roof. the project is a GO for both towers!

haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is why I love this site :) If you ever wonder what's happening with a construction site this is the place.
Absolutely, but don’t you just wonder sometimes how the Crescent Road mansions are coming along? Or if someone has posted a new blurry over zoomed pic of Telus Sky. I know I do.

JTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m not sure I follow. All of the pics I’ve seen of Telus Sky are clear.
Absolutely, but don’t you just wonder sometimes how the Crescent Road mansions are coming along? Or if someone has posted a new blurry over zoomed pic of Telus Sky. I know I do.