Palliser One | 122m | 27s

www.facebook.com/rob.vardy

7BF786D6-1980-4446-88B5-325195ED5C9D.jpeg

Is it just the corners that light up? While that looks good in its own right, I can't help but wonder what it would look like if those vertical white rectangles on the building faces were also able to light up.

It must be the case. Every time I see the building at night, the white strips look almost as if they were lit up. There was one night a while back when we had a full moon, and the strips looked super noticeable. It looked uber cool actually.
It almost looks like the white sections are made of some kind of luminescent material. Would be cool if they were.

Now if they would only renovate Palliser Square/plaza (the base and surrounding area of the Calgary Tower). It’s a shame that Calgary’s most iconic landmark has such a terrible street presence. I envision an exterior similar to the CPR building beside the Palliser Hotel (black steel and glass). Imagine a nice restaurant with a patio right outside the tower.

Lol... you feel like you're risking your life when you go to Meat and Bread? Yikes. I walk past it almost daily, with my dog... its not a dangerous area vehicle-wise (or any other form either I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️) whatsoever. It's a wide one-way that needs to be made a 2-way. That's about it.

At the intersection of 9 and Centre (at the Calgary Tower), 9th doesn't even feel that busy. A nicer, more activated and programmable building abdd surrounding space would do wonders, road patterns will change in time.

Having a what is essentially a highway down 9th isn't helping anything. There's a great sandwich shop in the Exchange building, and I feel like I'm going to risk my life whenever I go.
Ok, this is a little dramatic. If that intersection scares you, then stay in the burbs because that's a pretty typical urban intersection in the CBD of a major city.

Now if they would only renovate Palliser Square/plaza (the base and surrounding area of the Calgary Tower). It’s a shame that Calgary’s most iconic landmark has such a terrible street presence. I envision an exterior similar to the CPR building beside the Palliser Hotel (black steel and glass). Imagine a nice restaurant with a patio right outside the tower.
Are the theatres in the complex still open? at least open pre-covid?

Back