UPTEN | 121.91m | 37s | Strategic Group

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A Development permit for a 32 storey residential tower proposed for Calgary's Beltline has been recently submitted. Underground portion of site has already been built and capped off at grade.

6 1/2 levels of parking below grade. 277 units. Floors 2-5 are office space.

One.jpg

BIYZBv8.png

y1jSOri.jpg

cQhda9d.png

88uYWAG.png

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 3,541
Last edited:
Nothing has started on this one. It was close to going, but I think it has been put on the backburner for a bit.

It's not terrible but not great as far as design goes. The design is the very definition of 'mailing it in' though.

I saw a few guys around the site yesterday, are they going ahead with this?

well that sucks... hope it gets built though!
Looks like this one isn't dead in the water just yet. Just recently Strategic/One Capital submitted to change the land use by taking away the office component of it and have it as residential only, with retail at bay. The city has approved this, so it's something that could potential be built soon, as the changes were submitted to adapt to the current market....which isn't good for office space.

Wow - 10.5 years! Bush was president, Twitter was brand new (literally created in March 2006), and the Flames were in the playoffs...

I can tell by the brick buildings and Keynote in the background of the render than this is a site on the east side of the Beltline, but I can't picture this lot exactly. Cars parked in two way traffic also suggests that it's on 10th Ave. What is the address?

Wow - 10.5 years! Bush was president, Twitter was brand new (literally created in March 2006), and the Flames were in the playoffs...

Oh you really had to sneak in that last one didn't you Ry. I've been trying to watch this year and it's been painful. :oops:

A Development permit for a 32 storey residential tower proposed for Calgary's Beltline has been recently submitted. Underground portion of site has already been built and capped off at grade.

6 1/2 levels of parking below grade. 277 units. Floors 2-5 are office space....

I hope this is a factor in favour of this factor progressing.

It's on the SE corner of 1st street SE and 10th ave. I think as long as they can get the land use change approved, there may be a chance of seeing this one get built. With the U/G already built, it does make a difference for sure.

Back