News   Feb 21, 2020
 15     0 
News   Feb 21, 2020
 47     0 
News   Feb 21, 2020
 50     0 

New Arena/Entertainment District

Do you support the proposal for the new arena?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
I like Rivers District, or even just stick with Victoria Park! why do we need to try and reinvent everything? sometimes the historical name of a place is the best.

Roughnecks are fun, but the NHL would never allow music during play. I also think the Flames have the best voice guy in the league already, maybe get a good house DJ or band to play in breaks or TV timeouts. I really dislike the organ we have, feels super outdated.

Duck Lightning

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Rivers District contains the East Villiage, Olympic Plaza, East Victoria Park, and Stampede Park. The Rivers District Master Plan mostly pertains to the secton south of 9th Ave as the East Village was already well underway by the time of the plans completion in 2018.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I like Rivers District, or even just stick with Victoria Park! why do we need to try and reinvent everything? sometimes the historical name of a place is the best.

Roughnecks are fun, but the NHL would never allow music during play. I also think the Flames have the best voice guy in the league already, maybe get a good house DJ or band to play in breaks or TV timeouts. I really dislike the organ we have, feels super outdated.
I kind of like Victoria Park as a name also. After all it is a very old name, and an elegant name.