MacKimmie Complex and Professional Faculties Building Redevelopment | ?m | 15s | U of C | DIALOG

Just wondering, but is the white border on the smaller windows a protective film or part of the design?
It could be both - a film protecting a still prominent extra bit of silver, or be the final product. They are the computer operable windows. "Windows will open or close and blinds will rise or fall in response to the movement of the sun, winds and external temperatures"

This rendering shows it a bit better:

Last edited:
Anyone know what departments are going to be moved into the building once it’s done? Hoping some of the off campus people get a chance too move back.

I think it's the faculties of nursing and social work? Something like that.

Some photos from this morning. They are beginning to install the exterior cladding frames on the NW corner of the fourth floor, but I forgot to get a pic of that :p

Welcome to SRC! Tarsus from SSP I presume?
Welcome Tarsus, what took you so long? Lol.
Thanks! Yes, the same Tarsus from SSP. I’ve been lurking here for about six months or so and kept meaning to create an account.

I’ve only been to SSP a handful of times in the last six months, there’s not much point.

I like that the frames for the operable windows are a different color on the exterior from the rest of the glazing, breaks it up and provides a visual interest nicely I think.

Re: occupancy, answering my own question here lol. I found this on another part of this site - “The tower will soon become home to the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking, which will be equipped with a year-round contingent of 500 full-load business students.”

Back